I thought I would share this since it was an opportunity to show what Caustic Guide can do.
Skynexia brought this up in this thread; http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/node/15772
So in Caustic Guide it's as easy as these steps, then you can add that Group to anything you want.
- Create a Template from the source .caustic file that contains the Modular setup.
- Export the 4 machines to a Group in the export Group pane, select the master.
- Create a new Template or load your existing .caustic file into Guide as a Template.
- Select the slot you would like the Group added.
- Locate the Group and insert, you can see all the metadata I added to that Group when I exported it.
- Export the Template as a .caustic.
- Open Caustic with your inserted machines and continue working.
- Maybe bounce out your loop remove the machines and continue some more. :)