I'm new to the forum but as I've come to understand, this is the situation:
- Rej got ripped from revenues quite badly by cracked licences.
- Above (and other stuff as life circumstances) has stalled the development of caustic.
- A lot of people worldwide still use and fancy Caustic.
- Caustic being "de-promoted" both in AppStore and GooglePlay can't generate much new revenues, thus possibly not even covering the cost running this site. The future doesn't look too bright..
Now, I have some quiestions I'd like some feedback on.
- Merch. It's been up before and at the time, Rej was positive about it. Cups and t-shirts. It would *not* require any manual handling, more than design. (www.spri.ng/) for example. Do you fancy Caustic enough to buy a cup or a t-shirt?
- Kickstarter. Would you offer $49 to see a Caustic 3.5 being launched? (buying time from Rej)
- Would you rather sponsor a kickstarter campain to open-source Caustic? (compensating lost revenues) (Rej's opinion on this would be interesting to hear)
If anyone's out there, please reply with 1), 2) etc on the idea you'd support.