When I made ”Sparkling Autumn” I wanted to chop the guitar and import it to caustic but I couldn’t match the tempo between Caustic and my main Wav-editor (Audition). What I wanted to do was simply (in Audition) to set the tempo, set the time-view to measures and then simply split the file between each measure. But the splits did not line up as I imagined they would, I thought this was an issue with Audition’s timing so I didn’t think much about it.
But yesterday I had a little chat with one of my friends at SoundCloud, he’s not a caustic user but he does some collabs with caustic people. I was curious about his workflow, and he told me that he work with stems exported from caustic and that he needed a midi-file too because of tempo issues. That reminded me of my own experience and thought I should bring it up.
So it seems like caustic has it’s own definition of BPM slightly different from other DAW’s. It’s not a big deal, most people will probably not hear the difference but when it comes to crossplatform collaborations this will be quite noticeable or even an obstacle.
Hope there’s an easy fix for this, woulden’t want you to rewrite your timing routine entirely. If there’s to much work you better leave it as is, It’s working for at least 99.99 % of the users