I thought I would share this since it was an opportunity to show what Caustic Guide can do.
Skynexia brought this up in this thread; http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/node/15772
So in Caustic Guide it's as easy as these steps, then you can add that Group to anything you want.
- Create a Template from the source .caustic file that contains the Modular setup.
- Export the 4 machines to a Group in the export Group pane, select the master.
- Create a new Template or load your existing .caustic file into Guide as a Template.
- Select the slot you would like the Group added.
- Locate the Group and insert, you can see all the metadata I added to that Group when I exported it.
- Export the Template as a .caustic.
- Open Caustic with your inserted machines and continue working.
- Maybe bounce out your loop remove the machines and continue some more. :)
Yeah, now that's pretty slick. Bummer I run an iOS device. ;)
> Yeah, now that's pretty slick. Bummer I run an iOS device. ;)
Yeah iOS's file system with this app would take a while to figure out(my apps are multi-platform), people have asked but unfortunately it isn't going to happen for the foreseeable future.
Cool! thanks Mike:)
Just to show you the full circle I am trying to accomplish, I just uploaded that Group file to my site in the content sharing.
Now Jason's (and yours) setup is available and documented with the actual metadata that was created in Caustic Guide. The whole page is generated from reading the file that was uploaded. Taxonomy tags are inserted into the site for easy search automatically as well, those are the tags you enter in the app.
The reference link back to this site and your topic is even inserted in that Group page for references. :)
That's awesome Mike, really great way to organize and share setups. Thank you:)