Alright, let's all line up for the next installment of Caustic Warriors Collaboration: Community Jam #4!
There was a suggestion in the thread for Community Jam #3 to use only Modular & Beatbox Synths for this jam, which I think sounds like a fun challenge, plus it will help us sharpen our skills especially with the Modular Synth.
<Details on the general idea at the end of this post>
- Majority of folks interested in this jam are using the Caustic beta, so that's what we're going to roll with.
- Use either a Modular Synth, or a Beatbox Synth.
- Each person can use 1 FX slot
- Players can only use automation to craft their sound on the machine itself (cutoffs, ASDRs, Res, etc.), otherwise, and on their 1 insert effect, otherwise, no other automation allowed.
- The person mastering the final mix gets to use whatever FX they want to apply to any of the 14 open FX slots, as well as the 2 open slots in the mastering section
- 3 days per person (please try and stick to this)
- No 2nd round
- Person mastering the final product gets the freedom to adjust anyone's machine automation as they see fit
Let me know where you want to be in the list.
1. TYRINASOARUS - CommunityJam4CW1 - 3/20/2014
2. Caustic Replay - CommunityJam4CW2 - 3/23/2014
(Tyrinasoarus's delay fix attempt: CommunityJam4CW2TT - 3/24/2014)
3. MadFishGuy - CommunityJam4CW3 - 3/24/2014
4. Hatarakimasu - CommunityJam4CW4 - 3/25/2014
5. Strange Gravity - CommunityJam4CW5 - 3/26/2014
6. Mindfool - CommunityJam4CW6 - 3/29/2014
7. James - CommunityJam4CW7 - 4/3/2014
8. Bad Ickaruzz - CommunityJam4CW8 - 4/7/2014
9. TheZEROProject - CommunityJamCW9 - 4/15/2014
10. gajoga - CommunityJamCW10 - 4/20/2014
11. RadioRev - CommunityJamCW11 - 4/24/2014
12. HerveB - CommunityJamCW12 - 4/28/2014
13. jeraste - CommunityJamCW13 - 4/29/2014
14. Logical Frank - CommunityJamCW14 - 5/2/2014
15. k5grind - CommunityJam4CW15 - 5/14/2014
The general idea of what we're trying to do here (copied from the 1st Community Jam post):
Get 14+1 Caustic Warriors lined up to put a track together. The way it works is the first person adds a machine to Caustic, creates patterns, and adds it to the sequencer. Then the second person does the same thing, and so on down the line. When all 14 machine slots have been filled, then the +1 (15th) person mixes and masters it all. Caustic Replay then uploads it to SoundCloud under the username "Caustic Collaboration", and tags everyone's name to the track, and finally updates this initial post with a link to the final product on SoundCloud.