Community Jam Five!! Wahoo!
In Community Jam #4, we talked about how this one would go, and RadioRev had a cool idea: Random machine assignment for each player. So we're going to give it a shot and see what comes out.
<Details on the general idea at the end of this post>
- We will be using whichever is the most recent version of Caustic available for both Android & iOS, released or beta. If you can't read the file, you need a newer version. (Actually, looking at the builds currently available, the Android beta is 1 release ahead of the iOS, so there's nothing we can do about compatibility between systems for now).
- Caustic Replay will assign your machine via random number generator, for a truly unplanned experience . Your machine will be revealed after your name in the list below when your turn comes up. (This should keep the suspense factor up a fuzz )
- Each person can use 1 FX slot
- Players can only use automation to craft their sound on the machine itself (cutoffs, ASDRs, Res, etc.), otherwise, and on their 1 insert effect, otherwise, no other automation allowed.
- The person mastering the final mix gets to use whatever FX they want to apply to any of the 14 open FX slots, as well as the 2 open slots in the mastering section
- 3 days per person (please try and stick to this)
- Person mastering the final product gets the freedom to adjust anyone's machine automation as they see fit.
Machine numbers are as follows:
Let me know where you want to be in the list, but since we have no idea what machines we're going to use this time, list position may not matter as much.
1. StrangeGravity [10: FMSynth] - CCJ5CW1 - 5/6/14
2. Bad Ickaruzz [1: SubSynth] - CCJ5CW2 - 5/13/14
3. MadFishGuy [7: Modular] - CCJ5CW3 - 5/17/14
4. Lost In Anomie (dfrenette) [7: Modular] - CCJCW4 - 5/19/14
5. Pan65 [9: Organ] - CCJ5CW5 - 5/31/14
6. Hatarakimasu [3: Bassline] - CCJ6CW6 - 6/1/14
7. jeraste [6: 8BitSynth] - CCJ6W7 - 6/16/2014
8. LogicalFrank [9: Vocoder] CCJ5CW8 - 6/25/14
9. mindfool [4: Beatbox] - CCJ5CW9 - 6/27/14
10. TheZEROProject - [7: Modular] - CCJ5CW10 - 7/9/2014
11. Caustic Replay - [10: FM Synth] - CCJ5CW11 - 8/13/2014
12. Lost in Anomie - [2: PCMSynth] - CCJ5CW12 - 8/20/2014
13. jblann - [9: Vocoder] - CCJ5CW13 - 8/29/2014
14. Skynexia - [9: Vocoder] - CCJ5CW14 - 8/30/2014
15. macnasty99 - CCJ5CW15 - 9/2/2014
The general idea of what we're trying to do here (copied from the 1st Community Jam post):
Get 14+1 Caustic Warriors lined up to put a track together. The way it works is the first person adds a machine to Caustic, creates patterns, and adds it to the sequencer. Then the second person does the same thing, and so on down the line. When all 14 machine slots have been filled, then the +1 (15th) person mixes and masters it all. Caustic Replay then uploads it to SoundCloud under the username "Caustic Collaboration", and tags everyone's name to the track, and finally updates this initial post with a link to the final product on SoundCloud.